If you are interested in applying for a grant from our foundation, please send us a brief introduction and letter of intent via email. If your program fits within the bounds of our mission, we will set up a site visit to meet with the director or administrator of the program seeking funds. After a site visit, we may give an invitation for a grant proposal.
If you are submitting a proposal to our foundation, please include:
- Name, mission and vision of institution
- Name of director and/or applicant
- Program description
- Short description of your request
- How our investment will contribute to our areas of interest
- Other foundation donors to the program and amounts given or solicited
- Current members of the Board of Trustees
The types of grants that we support include:
- Operating support
- Program support
- Internships, scholarships and camperships support
- Capital campaign support
We accept grants requests only from 501-C3 non-profit organizations. We ask that no requests for the current year be made after mid-November. Annual fund requests have a better chance of being funded by our foundation if they are sent in the spring. The foundation does make multi-year grants to institutions. Our policy is then to take at least a year off from funding an organization after a multi-year grant cycle is completed, excluding operating grants. The foundation trustees meet three times per year at their discretion, so there are no formal deadlines for requests.
If a grant request is approved, the foundation occasionally asks for a grant report:
Photo of the Cleveland Institute of Art.